Mother and chld - Bolivia

Your passion for achieving a world free from hunger will be permanently memorialized when you include Freedom from Hunger in your estate plan. The easiest way to do this is by making a bequest to Freedom from Hunger in your Will or Living Trust, or by naming Freedom from Hunger as the beneficiary of your retirement plan, life insurance policy, bank account or mutual fund.

Information for Your Attorney:

Our Legal Name: Freedom from Hunger
Our Tax I.D. Number: 95-1647835
We are located in Davis, California

Planned Giving Can Solve Real-life Problems:

If you’re interested in minimizing the out-of-pocket cost of your gift and maximizing tax savings, there are a variety of choices for you to consider that help you while you help others.

Planned Giving Provides Answers to Such Real-life Questions As:

  • Would you like to sell real estate or stock that has grown in value, yet are discouraged by the amount of capital gains tax you would have to pay?
  • Do you have a loved one who is incapable of managing an inheritance, yet for whom you want to provide a living allowance?
  • Are you concerned about the amount of inheritance taxes that your family will have to pay?

We would be pleased to answer your questions and assist you and your advisors in creating a charitable gift plan that is right just for you—at no cost or obligation! Contact us at

People Who Made Estate Plans Tell Why:

Joanne Leslie explains her confidence in Freedom from Hunger and her reasons for deciding to make a bequest to help people who need it most, and to make a lasting difference for entire families, even entire communities and future generations.

Patricia Long tells what is closest to her heart, what gives her life meaning, and why she made five charities the primary beneficiaries of her IRA.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):

Why do I need a Will or Living Trust?
With a Will or Living Trust, you get to determine exactly how your estate will be distributed.  When writing a Will or Living Trust, you’ll want to remember those who are important to you.  Because you’ve long cared about women and families who are less fortunate than you, you may also wish to include a gift to Freedom from Hunger in your estate plan.

How do I leave a gift for Freedom from Hunger in my estate plan?
Once you have made appropriate provisions for those you love, you may 1) leave a specific dollar amount; 2) name a specific asset, such as a stock or bond fund; or 3) leave a percentage of your estate to Freedom from Hunger.
Freedom from Hunger pledges to put your gift to the best possible use by helping families throughout the world break free from poverty and hunger.  Your lasting legacy will be a future of self-reliance and dignity for the next generation and beyond.

What if I already have a Will or Living Trust?
Even if you already have a Will or Living Trust, you can include a gift to Freedom from Hunger by changing your existing document(s).  To ensure that your specific wishes are carried out, changes should only be made with the advice of an attorney.

Are there other ways I can leave a gift to Freedom from Hunger that don’t involve making or changing a Will or Living Trust?
A simple way to make a gift to Freedom from Hunger is to name Freedom from Hunger as a  beneficiary on your life insurance policy, Individual Retirement Account, 401(k) or other retirement plan.  You may have many other creative ways to include a gift to Freedom from Hunger in your estate planning. It is worth investigating.

Commonly Used Legal Language for Making A Gift Through A Trust or Will:

I give (if a Will) or The Trustee shall distribute (if a Living Trust) the sum of $_____________; or the following property: _________________; or ________ percent of my estate [or trust estate, if a Living Trust]; or the residue of my estate [or trust estate] to Freedom from Hunger, a California non-profit public benefit corporation headquartered in Davis, CA.  (If restricted) The gift is to be used for [after consultation with Freedom from Hunger, describe use of gift].

When making or revising a will or living trust, please consult with an estate planning attorney. Freedom from Hunger is available to work with you and your attorney to assure that your gift intention is properly structured to make an impact that is meaningful to you.  We encourage you to speak with us if you are interested in making a bequest or other gift to help alleviate chronic hunger and poverty.